5 great recipes for the big game
Watching the big game may lead to big appetites. If you’re gathering your friends and family to cheer for your favorite team, remember: Nutritious can still score as delicious.
Dishes your guests will cheer for
Add these five recipes to your playbook. From spicy to sweet, there’s something for everyone.
- Wasabi Roasted Almonds. Kick off your party with these fiery — and heart-healthy — bites.
- Zesty Guacamole. Homemade guac is always a fan favorite. Go for the extra point: Serve it with baked whole-grain pita chips for delicious dipping.
- De-Liteful Spinach Artichoke Dip. Serve this creamy dip with easy-to-munch veggies, such as baby carrots and red pepper strips, for an all-star appetizer. Jalapeño pepper adds punch — but it’s optional.
- Spicy Southwestern Black Bean Turkey Soup. Make sure no spectator goes hungry. This hearty soup is simple, flavorful and filling.
- Bittersweet Chocolate Fruit Dip. Finish strong by bringing this luscious and easy dessert off the bench late in the game. Some of the ingredients may surprise you.
What to do next
Firing up the grill? If meat is on the menu, make sure you have a food thermometer at the ready. This handy chartOpens a new window can tell you the minimum safe temperature for steaks, burgers, dogs and more.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Want to receive our e-newsletter? Subscribe to Healthy Mind Healthy Body® today.
- If you are a new member, register on myuhc.com® to begin getting the newsletter.
- If you've already registered on myuhc.com, log into your account and update your Subscriptions in the Account Settings section.