Mix up a fruity salsa: It’s as easy as 1-2-3
Create a fun and surprising fiesta for your taste buds
When you think salsa, you might not think fruit. But fruity salsas can be a sweet and flavorful twist on this popular dip and topping.
Ready to try your hand at a spicy and cool creation of your own? Let your creativity — and this simple 1-2-3 method — be your guide.
Enjoy your salsa with baked whole-grain tortilla or pita chips. You can even make your own. Try this quick and easy recipe for Herb-Baked Pita Chips.
Fruity salsas are also great over grilled chicken or fish — or mixed into brown rice for a bright and tasty side dish.
What to do next
Join us for an online seminar. Get nutrition tips for your active life during “Fuel up to play” on Tuesday, June 14, 12:30 p.m. ET, 11:30 a.m. CT. Register here.
- Wash produce and herbs well before chopping, dicing or slicing.
- Seed tomatoes and peppers.
- Try mixing in black beans or corn.
- Serve salsa shortly after preparing. Or cover and chill.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Want to receive our enewsletter? Subscribe to Healthy Mind Healthy Body® today.
- If you are a new member, register on myuhc.com® to begin getting the newsletter.
- If you've already registered on myuhc.com, log into your account and update your Subscriptions in the Account Settings section.
*Never touch your eyes or face when handling hot peppers. And wear gloves if you have sensitive skin.