UnitedHealthcare Empowering Health is our commitment to making a social impact by expanding access to care and addressing the social determinants of health.
UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation Helps Keep a Ballerina Twirling
Expanding access to care
We are helping put better health within reach by:
- Supporting community health worker programs that help to bridge gaps in care that people may be experiencing.
- Giving medical grants to families that need assistance in funding their child’s medical care.
- Deploying mobile dental and vision screening programs focused on underserved schools.
- Identifying ways to address opioid abuse.
- Providing disaster relief support to help people and communities get back on their feet.
Addressing social determinants of health
We are helping to remove barriers to health for people and communities by:
- Awarding grants to community-based organizations to provide better access to food, housing and more.
- Using data to respond to people’s social needs.
- Advocating for ICD-10 codes to include social determinants.
- Investing in affordable housing communities.
- Providing transportation services to people in need.
- Donating and volunteering at local food banks and pantries so their communities have access to nutritious foods.