Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Indiana, we’ve got you covered
No-cost or low-cost health coverage from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. Learn about UnitedHealthcare Medicaid health plans we offer in Indiana.
Helping people is at the heart of all we do
All Hoosiers deserve affordable health care, including you. At UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, we help people live healthier lives.
We offer many plans to help Hoosiers get healthy — and stay healthy. We cover adults, people with disabilities, expecting moms and children with our IN Hoosier Care Connect Medicaid plan.
See why Hoosiers choose UnitedHealthcare
Whatever plan you choose, UnitedHealthcare will help you get the care you need.
- Large variety of network providers
- Low- or no-cost prescription drugs
- Well visits, routine shots, community health events and more
- Dental and vision services
- Transportation to medical appointments
Watch the video at right to learn more about UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Indiana.
It's your health. It's your choice.
Everyone deserves affordable health care, including you.
People who are aged, blind or disabled, and caretakers of children in foster care should check out UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
We have the Medicaid benefits and extras that can make a real difference in your life, all at no cost to you.
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Transportation for medical appointments and other approved trips
- A nurse line available 24/7 to answer your health questions.
Sometimes you might need a little extra help. Get extras not covered by Medicaid.
- Dedicated support from the same member services advocate every time you call us.
- As a new member, earn a gift card when you complete your health assessment.
- Our On My Way program provides helpful tips to prepare for adulthood.
- Learn about our referral programs for low-cost internet or a free mobile phone.
We also offer resources to help you make the most of your plan, including diabetes supplies, well visits and immunizations, prescription drugs, mental health and substance use treatment.
Visit in.gov/medicaid for more information.
Helping you live a healthier life.
We are here for you. Indiana.
Remember to choose UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and get the plan that gets you more.
To learn more about UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, visit UHCCommunityPlan.com/IN.
Indiana health plans as low as $0 cost
IN Medicaid Plans:
- No- or low-cost
- Low-income individuals
- Blind and disabled individuals
- Foster children and wards of the State
Medicaid: More for You in 2023
As a UnitedHealthcare IN Hoosier Care Connect member, you’ll get extra benefits that some plans don’t offer.
Hoosier Care Connect is a program that serves members who are aged, blind or disabled, and also includes children in foster care and wards of the State.
- Help with getting services and support
- Member rewards for getting the care you need
- Alternative healing reimbursement
- Helpful apps for your phone or computer
- High school equivalency program
- Mom’s Meals, delivered to your home
- Referrals to low-cost internet resources
- Free mobile phone service referrals
- Healthy First Steps, a program for pregnant moms and their babies
- 24/7 access to a nurse or doctor
Choice of doctor
You’ll have a primary medical provider (PMP) who’ll be your main doctor. Your PMP is the person you see for most of your care. This includes checkups, treatments, vaccinations, minor injuries and health issues. Talk to your PMP about any other concerns you may have. Your PMP can help you decide the right options for you.
Your PMP is your main doctor for:
- Preventive care like checkups, cancer screenings and vaccinations
- Treatment if you are sick or injured
- Referrals to specialists for certain conditions
Use the Doctor Lookup Tool to see if your doctor is in our network. If you don’t have a PMP or if your doctor is not in our network, we can help you find a new one close to you. You can change your PMP at any time.
Virtual visits with Doctor Chat
It’s not always easy to visit a doctor in person. Virtual visits (or telehealth) let you talk to a doctor 24/7 using your computer, tablet or smartphone. Telehealth is a good option to treat common conditions that have standard treatments. Here are some examples:
- Cold, flu, and fever
- Cough, aches, and sore throat
- Allergies, skin rash, and irritation
- Urinary tract/bladder infection
- Ear infections
- Sinus infections
- And more
Member Services Advocate
Managing your health care alone can be hard, especially if you’re dealing with many health problems at the same time. If you need extra support to get and stay healthy, we can help. All of our Hoosier Care Connect members have access to their own Member Services Advocate. Your Member Services Advocate can help you:
- Understand the Hoosier Care Connect program
- Find a doctor, dentist or eye doctor
- Explain your benefits and coverage
- Talk to you about special programs that are available to you
- Help you get materials in your preferred format (Braille, large print, audio file)
- Connect you with a Care Manager if needed
- Find resources located near you to help you with other problems like food, housing, transportation, employment, feeling safe or education
- And much more
If you need a ride, your benefits include free transportation. We cover trips to:
- Medical appointments
- Vaccination appointments
- Pharmacies (when a prescription is ordered during a visit)
- Food pantry
- WIC appointments
- Medicaid eligibility appointments
- Member meetings, like our HERO Council
Wheelchair-accessible vehicles are available as needed. You may also qualify for a bus pass or friends and family mileage reimbursement.
Speak to a registered nurse anytime 24/7 to get answers to any health-related question or concern.
Our nurses will:
- Listen to symptoms
- Help with self-care
- Advise you about getting care at a doctor visit or an urgent care center
- Help you know when to go to the emergency room
Well visits with your doctor can help you stay healthy. These visits can catch health problems early, so they can be treated. You should see your PMP every year for a well check, even if you aren’t sick or your symptoms are under control. Preventive services include:
- Checkups for adults and children
- Well-baby care
- Care for women expecting a baby
- Routine shots and tests
- There’s no copay for preventive care
Quitting smoking or vaping
Quitting is hard, but we can help. Did you know that 20 minutes after you quit smoking, your heart rate drops to a normal level? And within 24 hours after quitting the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.
UnitedHealthcare Member Rewards
Doing simple things that are good for your health deserves a reward. That’s what you get with UnitedHealthcare Member Rewards. As an Indiana Hoosier Care Connect member, you could get a gift card for:
- One-time gift card for completion of your Health Needs Survey within the first 90 days
- Yearly gift card for well visits for all members ages 3 and older
- Annual gift card for dental visit
- Timely gift card for follow-up after hospitalization for alcohol and other drug use
Learn about plan types
Indiana Medicaid (Hoosier Care Connect ) is health insurance for people with low incomes. You might be able to get Medicaid in Indiana if you’re pregnant, have children or live with a disability. In some cases, other adults also may qualify.