Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Did you get moved to a different health plan?
You can choose to keep your UnitedHealthcare benefits for the 2023 plan year. Make your plan selection between November 8 and December 29. Here's how:
Louisiana, we’ve got you covered.
No-cost or low-cost health coverage from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. Learn about the UnitedHealthcare Medicaid health plans we offer in Louisiana.
Helping people is at the heart of all we do
All Louisianans deserve affordable health care, including you. We offer many plans to help Louisianans get healthy — and stay healthy. We cover adults, people with disabilities, expecting moms and children with our Louisiana Medicaid plans.
Get a plan that gives you more. UnitedHealthcare has a large provider network in Louisiana. That gives you more options to choose the right doctors and specialists to fit your health care needs. We also offer more services and extras, which can make a real difference in your life.
See why Louisianans choose UnitedHealthcare
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan will help you get the care that you need.
- Large variety of network doctors/providers
- No-cost virtual/telehealth visits
- Low- or no-cost prescription drugs
Emergency and disaster response
UnitedHealthcare and the State of Louisiana want to make sure all residents are informed during emergencies, such as severe weather or flooding. Please visit GetAGamePlan.org for emergency preparedness information.
Lost your medical ID cards? Please call 1-866-633-2446, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.
See what UnitedHealthcare has to offer.
Louisiana health plans as low as $0 cost
LA Medicaid Plans:
- No- or low-cost
- Expecting moms and children
- Adults 19-64 years old
- Blind and disabled individuals
We Cover Louisiana
We offer health coverage to beneficiaries of Louisiana Medicaid in all parishes in the state.
Our Healthy Louisiana plan offers a range of benefits along with extras. View the benefits below to see all that our plan offers. It's for pregnant women, adults and children under the age of 21.
No-cost phone and cell service
Count on always having good, reliable phone service with a no-cost Android® smart phone, plus no-cost cell service with:
- Unlimited minutes
- Unlimited texts
- Unlimited high-speed data
- 10GB mobile hotspot data (up to 4G LTE speed)
Do you or a loved one have a serious health problem or a high-risk pregnancy? If so, our case managers are in your corner. They will:
- Explain medical terms in plain language
- Coordinate your doctor appointments
The case manager will stay with you or your loved one throughout the medical journey. He or she will:
- Think beyond your medical needs
- Assess home situation and help where possible
- Make sure you have support at home
- So you can focus on getting better
Our plan encourages a healthy approach to eating and living. To help our members be their best, we cover:*
- Screening for obesity
- Support for healthy diet and exercise choices
Some members may also qualify for weight management classes, including Weight Watchers.**
* This is an added benefit offered by UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
** Some limitations may apply.
UnitedHealthcare Healthy First Steps®
Build a healthy future for you and your baby and earn great rewards with UnitedHealthcare Healthy First Steps. Our program will help you take the right steps to keep you and your baby healthy. Plus, you can earn $20 just for signing up.
We will help you:
- Choose a pregnancy provider and a pediatrician (child’s doctor)
- Schedule visits and exams and arrange rides to your visits
- Earn rewards for going to visits throughout your pregnancy and baby’s first 15 months of life
- Get supplies, including breast pumps for nursing moms
- Connect with community resources such as Women, Infants and Children (WIC) services
Medicaid: More for you
As a UnitedHealthcare Medicaid member, you’ll get extra benefits that some plans don’t offer
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Hearing care
- Chiropractic care
- No-cost cell phone and service
Learn about plan types
LA Medicaid is health insurance for people with low incomes. You might be able to get Medicaid in Louisiana if you’re pregnant, have children or live with a disability. In some cases, other adults also may qualify. Costs to you are low and based on your ability to pay. It’s important to know that Medicaid rules and coverage differ from state to state.