Skip to main content
Main Content

Healthy Louisiana Plan How To Enroll

There are four ways to enroll in the Healthy Louisiana program:

  1. Call Healthy Louisiana at 1-855-229-6848, TTY: 1-855-LaMed4Me (1-855-526-3346), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also enroll using the automated system 24/7 in any language.
  2. Enroll online at
  3. Fill out the paper enrollment form that was provided in the Healthy Louisiana enrollment kit. You can FAX the form toll free to 1-866-482-3676 or you can MAIL the form in the envelope provided. 

Make sure to select UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.

You can change Health Plans for any reason during the first 90 days you are enrolled. After 90 days, if you are still eligible for Medicaid, you will be locked into the Plan for the nine months.

Open Enrollment:
The state will send you a letter 60 days before the end of your enrollment year telling you that you can change Plans if you want to. This is called "open enrollment." You do not have to change Health Plans. If you choose to change Plans during open enrollment, you will begin in the new Plan at the end of your current enrollment year. Whether you pick a new Plan or stay in the same Plan, you will be locked into that Plan for the next 12 months. Every year you can change Health Plans during your 60-day open enrollment period.

If you have questions about Open Enrollment, call Healthy Louisiana at 1-855-229-6848, TTY: 1-855-LaMed4Me (1-855-526-3346).

If you want to change Plans while locked into a Plan, you must have a good cause reason to change Plans. Good cause reasons include moving out of the service area, poor quality of care, or being unable to get the care you need. Louisiana Medicaid must approve.

Loss of Medicaid and Your Primary Care Physician Choice:
If you temporarily lose Medicaid, but are re-enrolled within 60 days, the Health Plan will sign you up with the Personal Care Physician (PCP) who was treating you before you lost Medicaid. If you no longer want this PCP, you can choose another. You will have to choose another PCP if yours is no longer in the Health Plan, or if he or she is no longer accepting patients enrolled in the Health Plan. You will also have to choose a new PCP if you move to another service area.