Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Your health plan renewal date may be coming soon. If you haven’t already, you may need to recertify to keep getting UnitedHealthcare coverage.
Mississippi, we’ve got you covered.
No-cost or low-cost health coverage from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. Learn about UnitedHealthcare health plans we offer through MississippiCAN and CHIP.
Helping people is at the heart of all we do
All Mississippians deserve affordable health care and more people than ever are eligible for no-cost or low-cost health coverage. This includes working disabled, families, people with disabilities, pregnant women and children. You may qualify too. At UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Mississippi, we’re committed to making a difference in each member’s life. We take great pride in the quality of service we provide to our MississippiCAN and CHIP members. We look forward to serving you.
See why Mississippians choose UnitedHealthcare
Whatever plan you choose, UnitedHealthcare will help you get the care you need.
- Large variety of network providers
- No-cost virtual visits
- Rides to appointments for eligible plans
Severe Weather Special Notice — with any storm or severe weather, it’s always important to prepare to take care of your health should you need to leave your home. More storm preparedness information is available on our Special Notice Flyer.
Take action to prevent the flu. A seasonal flu shot has been shown to prevent flu illnesses, doctor visits and hospitalizations, and can be lifesaving for children. UnitedHealthcare plans cover pneumonia, influenza and shingles shots.
1Benefits, features, and/or devices vary by plan/area. Limitations, exclusions and/or network restrictions may apply. Other hearing exam providers are available in the UnitedHealthcare network. The plan only covers hearing aids from a UnitedHealthcare Hearing network provider.
Mississippi health plans as low as $0 cost
MS Medicaid Plans:
- No or low-cost
- Pregnant women and children
- Low-income individuals with families
- Blind and disabled individuals
- MS Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
MS Dual Special Needs plans:
- Those qualifying for both Medicaid and Medicare
- Individuals 65 and up
- Blind and disabled individuals
- More benefits than Original Medicare
We Cover Mississippi
You deserve nothing less than top-quality health care. Members of the Mississippi Coordinated Access Network (MississippiCAN) receive great Medicaid benefits and extra services through UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. That includes unlimited visits to your primary care provider (PCP) and specialists. There’s no copay for any MSCAN service covered by UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. We look forward to helping you get the health care you deserve and need.
Medicaid: More for You in 2024
As a UnitedHealthcare MississippiCAN member, you’ll get extra benefits that some plans don’t offer.
- Pre- and postnatal care for pregnant moms and newborns
- One of the largest provider networks available
- Vision including eye exam and glasses
- Mental health services
- Prescription drugs — for members over age 21, our plan includes up to 6 prescription drugs and refills each month; for members up to age 21, there are no limits
Dual Special Needs plans in 2024
Mississippians on a UnitedHealthcare Dual Special Needs Plan (or dual health plan) get many extra benefits beyond those you get with either Original Medicare or MississippiCAN Medicaid.
- A monthly credit to buy healthy food and OTC products or pay utility bills
- $0 copay on covered generic and brand-name prescriptions including home delivery
- An allowance for covered types of preventive and comprehensive dental
Farm to Fork program
A diet that includes fresh vegetables and fruit goes a long way to helping you stay at your best. That's why our plan includes farm-fresh produce for members.
We make getting your produce easy. You can pick up your free bag at one of the many Farm to Fork Program sites across Mississippi.
The program runs from May through September.
Please view a complete list of distribution sites and schedule
Healthy First Steps®
Build a healthy future for you and your baby and earn great rewards with Healthy First Steps. Our program will help you take the right steps to keep you and your baby healthy. Plus you can earn $20 just for signing up. We will help you:
- Choose a pregnancy provider and a pediatrician (child’s doctor)
- Schedule visits and exams and arrange rides to your visits
- Earn rewards for going to visits throughout your pregnancy and baby’s first 15 months of life
- Get supplies, including breast pumps for nursing moms
- Connect with community resources such as Women, Infants and Children (WIC) services
You can get information in another language. Just ask. Then anything we write to you will only be in that language. This service is provided at no cost to you.
Medical questions and situations come at inconvenient times. Members or their caregivers can call 1-877-370-4009, TTY 711 to speak with a registered nurse anytime 24/7 to get answers to any health-related question or concern.
Our nurses will:
- Listen to symptoms
- Help with self-care
- Advise you about getting care at a doctor visit or an urgent care center
- Help you know when to go to the emergency room
Obesity is common and serious. It can also lead to other health problems. To help our members be their best, we can:
- Provide information on a healthy diet and exercise
- Connect you to support in the community
Learn about plan types
MS Medicaid, or MississippiCAN, is health insurance for people with low incomes. You might be able to get Medicaid in Mississippi if you’re pregnant, have children or live with a disability. In some cases, other adults may also qualify. Costs to you are low and based on your ability to pay. It’s important to know that Medicaid rules and coverage differ from state to state.
Dual Special Needs Plans (D-SNP)
Dual Special Needs Plans (also called dual health plans or D-SNPs for short) are for people who get both MississippiCAN (Medicaid) and Medicare. Dual plans cover doctor visits, hospital stays and prescription drugs. They offer more benefits and extras than Original Medicare. You’ll keep all your Mississippi Medicaid benefits MississippiCAN too.