Skip to main content Main Content

MississippiCAN How To Enroll

The MississippiCAN program serves selected Medicaid recipients including:

  • Supplemental security income eligibles
  • Disabled children at home
  • The working disabled
  • DHS children in foster care
  • Women in the breast and cervical cancer group

The Mississippi Division of Medicaid determines eligibility. To enroll in MississippiCAN, call Xerox Health Solutions at 1-800-884-3222 



  • Scroll down to bottom of page
  • Click on MississippiCAN box/icon
  • Click on Find Out How You Can Enroll!
  • Complete enrollment form, and select UnitedHealthcare as your Coordinated Care Organization

Call us at 1-877-743-7831 (TTY: 711) for more information regarding UnitedHealthcare and UnitedHealthcare MississippiCAN enhanced benefits.

Your enrollment in MississippiCAN is for 12 months or until you lose eligibility, whichever comes first. DOM will tell UnitedHealthcare Community Plan the date you are enrolled. Your eligibility continues until DOM tells UnitedHealthcare the date you will be disenrolled.

Important Contact the Mississippi state agency where you enrolled:

  • If your family size changes.
  • If you move.
  • If your telephone number changes.
  • If your income goes up or down.
  • If you get health care coverage under another policy or there are changes to that coverage.

To report changes, call, write or visit the Mississippi state agency that said you were eligible. All changes MUST be reported within 10 days after the change happens (or within 10 days after you discover the change). Failure to report a change may mean you get the wrong benefits.

Voluntary Disenrollment
Once you enroll in UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, you have the first 90 days to stop your enrollment in UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. If you do not stop enrollment in the first 90 days, you will be a member of our plan for the next year or until the next open enrollment period.

You can change for any reason in the first 90 days of your membership. Call the DOM to change your membership during this period.

After your first 90 days, there may be a special reason that you need to end your UnitedHealthcare Community Plan membership. Some special reasons may be:

  • You move outside the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan service area
  • Your income changes

You must contact the DOM in writing or by phone to request a form to disenroll or change plans. You will submit the completed form to the DOM.

End of Coverage
If you are disenrolled, your coverage will end on the last day of that month.