Why accident insurance?
Why consider accident insurance underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company? Because accidents happen when you least expect them. Even with health insurance, the extra expenses from an accidental injury can really add up. Lost wages from missing work, high health insurance deductibles and unpaid bills all affect your lifestyle, home and family. And because 57% of Americans have less than $1,000 In their savings accounts,1 many don't have financial help during times like these.
What is accident insurance?
Accident Insurance, also known as supplemental accident insurance or personal accident insurance, pays benefits for accidental injuries.
Consider the affect a common accident may have on your financial picture. Because you never know when you or someone in your family could get hurt In an accident, an accident insurance policy, like those underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, can be helpful when the unexpected happens.2
What are my accident insurance options?
The options you have for accident insurance vary by state, but multiple plan options are available to meet many needs and budgets.3
- Benefits paid directly to you
- Multiple benefit levels so you can choose a monthly cost that works for you
- No networks - Choose where you want to get care4
- Cash to help with unexpected medical costs due to accidental Injury
- Cash for accidental Injury medical costs that can help pay health insurance gaps, like a high deductible
Available with some plan designs
- Accidental Injury
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Critical Illness
- Non-Injury hospital admission benefits
- Guaranteed Issue options - No medical questions to answer
Accident ProGuard series (available in select states)5
- Basic accident insurance product
- Guaranteed Issue - no medical questions to answer to apply
- Includes Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage
- Accident Insurance with critical Illness insurance paying a lump sum for covered illnesses
- Choose guaranteed issue plans or simplified issue plans (some medical questions, more benefit levels)
- Combines a benefit for hospital admission due to sickness with accident and critical illness coverage
- Helps with those out-of-pocket medical expenses like deductibles that aren't covered by major medical plans
Accident Safeguard products (available in most states)
Pays a fixed benefit amount for qualifying accidental Injury losses (like $200 for an ER visit, depending on your plan)
What does accident insurance cover?
- Hospital Emergency Room
- Physical Therapy
- Urgent Care Center
Who may need accident insurance?
- Individuals and families with an activate lifestyle
- Individuals and families with small children
- Anyone with current health Insurance
- Anyone with a limited budget for unexpected medical expenses
Combine with other plans for maximum coverage
Bundle Accident with other with other supportive health products to provide even greater coverage for you and your family. Consider products like Fixed Indemnity, Dental, Vision, and Critical Illness Insurance as a complement to your supplemental accident insurance plan.
Short term supplemental accident benefit
Considering a Short Term Health Insurance plan but want the extra security of accident insurance, too? For an additional premium, you can add an optional supplemental accident benefit to a Short Term medical plan, underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company.6
Did you know?
There were 38.3 million accidental injuries in the United States in 2012 and over 35% were caused by accidental falls.7
Need help finding a plan?
Answer a few questions to see which insurance options may be available for you.