Flexible Plans for Small Businesses
Flexibility in your Group Health Plan
A health plan can be an integral part of your benefits strategy. The UnitedHealthcare portfolio includes a wide variety of innovative health plans. Our goal is to meet the needs of your business while controlling costs. When you’re looking for a health plan, start by deciding what’s most important to you. Then, we’ll put our years of experience tailoring plans for many types and sizes of business to work, helping you find a plan for your organization.
Some of the most popular plan options are listed below. Talk to your UnitedHealthcare representative or broker to help you find a plan that best fits you and your employees.
- Consumer-driven health plans are designed to help employees use health care services more effectively, by becoming more informed and more financially responsible about their health care choices.
- Primary-care-centered plans typically allow members to choose a primary care physician to help them manage their care and provide referrals for medical specialist services.
- Tiered benefit plans are available in a range of designs, all intended to provide savings opportunities by encouraging members to make informed decisions about where to seek care.
- Defined contribution plans offer choice and flexibility for employees and stable costs for employers.
|A national network for care||The nation’s single largest proprietary network reaching 98% of the United States population1; so your employees have access to care when they need it|
|A variety of benefit plan designs||A variety of plan designs ranging from open access to primary care physician-centric to consumer-driven and more|
|Resources to help employees compare costs and treatment options||Mobile, online and person-to-person resources that help employees make well-informed decisions about their health|
|Access to programs and services designed to enhance employee health||Support from nurses, counselors, care managers and online wellness programs|
|Outstanding customer service||Reliable service and support for you and your employees|
|Tools to help simplify administration for employers||A suite of online tools and resources|
|Options to help employees manage their health care dollars||• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
|A resource for quality, cost-effective care||UnitedHealth Premium® designation program|
|Integrated medical and specialty products for convenience and an added safety net||Specialty products: Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident and Critical Illness|
1 UnitedHealth Network Access internal analysis, January 1, 2012