TriTerm Medical insurance
3-Year short term insurance underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company
Available in select states, TriTerm Medical is limited duration health insurance that lasts for nearly 36 months1 over 3 terms. It's designed to provide health insurance for a longer period of time than traditional short-term insurance with the types of benefits you and your family may be looking for.
View plans by state
Questions? Call 1-844-556-0867
If you are someone who isn't just looking for a cheap health insurance plan because you suspect the less you pay, the less you’ll be covered, then a Golden Rule Insurance Company UnitedHealthcare branded TriTerm Medical plan might be worth a look.
- Apply year round, not just during an enrollment period
- Get benefits for prescription costs - Rx coverage
- Take steps to stay well - coverage for preventive care visits2
- Is it affordable health insurance for you? Check with a fast, free quote
Select your state from the menu to read more about plans available where you live.
Why choose a TriTerm Medical insurance plan?
- Other products you looked at didn't last long enough or had benefits that didn't fit your needs. These plans provide coverage just under 3 years and benefits that may work for you and your family.
- You like sticking with a brand you know. Golden Rule Insurance Company became part of UnitedHealthcare in 2003. Together, they have been selling personal insurance for more than 75 years and Short Term insurance for over 30 years.
- You’re not thrilled with health insurance alternatives. Some of those plans, for example, may be within your monthly budget, but you want a plan backed by consumer protections and regulations.
Learn about TriTerm Medical insurance plans
What are the features of TriTerm Medical insurance?
- Preventive care coverage - Up to $200 per person, per term, so you can work on staying well. In select states, any preventive services a child on a plan qualifies for by age is covered.3 Also, child immunization services that qualify as preventive health care are exempt from deductibles, coinsurance amounts or copayments.4
- Office visits for injury or illness - With a Copay Select plan, pay a $50 per visit copay for the first 4 doctor office visits, per person, per term. That's 12 office visits over the life of your plan with no deductible to pay.4
- Prescription coverage - Once you pay your deductible, pay coinsurance for prescriptions. Many common prescriptions cost just a $25 copay when you choose the Copay Select Max or Direct plan.
- Apply once for just under 3 years of coverage - After you’re approved for TriTerm Medical health insurance, you don’t have reapply to have coverage for nearly 36 months over 3 terms. Your plan simply moves into the second and third terms when you get there.
- Network coverage - Nearly 1,400,000 physicians and other health care professionals and more than 6,500 hospitals and other medical facilities means UnitedHealthcare offers access to one the largest networks in the United States. There’s often going to be an in-network option for care nearby, and it may even be your current physician.5
- Benefits in a variety of areas - Some coverage for home health care, rehab, and hospice, and more.
Optional Accident Benefit6
Want a little extra help for unexpected injuries? Choose a Supplemental Accident benefit with your plan to help cover your deductible or other out-of-pocket medical expenses in case of accidental injuries.