Get cost estimates before choosing care
You may pay up to 36% less*
Checking cost estimates before you choose where to get care can be an effective way to save on health care costs. In fact, it’s been shown that people who look at costs first may pay up to 36% less for their care. So, it can be worthwhile.
How can you look up cost estimates online?
There are a number of ways to find and compare costs using UnitedHealthcare's online tools.
- Compare average costs for providers in your network, including doctors, hospitals, office visits, mental health services, labs, convenience care and more.
- See the average cost for specific treatments in your area.
- Look up quality ratings and reviews by provider, hospital or facility.
Look up general cost estimates
Search for costs by:
- Service – like a vaccine or x-ray
- Condition or symptom – like sore throat or sports injury
- Doctor, hospital or facility – find a preferred or nearby provider
You can view cost estimates anytime, 24/7 to help you make more informed decisions and find ways to save.
*UnitedHealthcare Internal Claims Analysis, 2016.
19-12582 9281128 Rev 6/19