Skip to main content
Main Content

Kentucky Medicaid FAQs

First, you have to enroll in the Kentucky Medicaid program.  Once you or your family have been accepted you'll be able to choose UnitedHealthcare Community Plan as your health plan. View the Steps to enroll page.


If you're not enrolled in Kentucky Medicaid, you may be eligible.  To find out if you qualify or have questions about your current coverage, visit or call 1-855-459-6328

You'll get 1 card from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and 1 card from Kentucky Medicaid. Every family member who's enrolled in the plan should have their own ID cards.

You'll need to show both your UnitedHealthcare Community Plan member ID card and your Kentucky Medicaid card for all visits to the doctor, hospital or pharmacy. If you haven't received your ID cards within one week of your effective date of enrollment with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, please call Member Services, at 1-866-293-1796, TTY: 711.

KY Medicaid ID Card
Kentucky Medicaid Card

We'll be happy to send you a new one. Please contact Member Services toll-free, at 1-866-293-1796, TTY: 711. You can also go to to register and print a copy of your card.

If you move, you'll need to contact one of the following agencies below to let them know your new address.

Medicaid is a program funded by the federal and state governments, which pays for medical care for those who can't afford it.  Kentucky Medicaid is the managed care program for adults and families in Kentucky. 

To see if you qualify, please visit or call 1-855-459-6328.

You can apply for Kentucky Medicaid on any computer with an internet connection through the Kentucky Online Gateway (KOG) or call 1-855-459-6328 to apply.

When you're ready to apply, you'll need this information:

  • Your household monthly income.
  • Social Security numbers and dates of birth for each member of your household.
  • Your immigration information, if that applies to you.

It should take about 30 minutes to apply online — and you'll get a response right away. If you need more help, you can call  1-855-459-6328 or visit find a kynector to view a list of in-person assisters in your area who can help you apply.