Skip to main content Main Content

Kentucky Medicaid Plan How To Enroll

How do I become a member of UnitedHealthcare Community Plan?

If you are not enrolled in Kentucky Medicaid, you may be eligible. To find out if you qualify or have questions about your current coverage, visit  or call 1-855-306-8959

Will I get an ID card from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan or from the State?

One from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and one from Kentucky Medicaid. Every family member enrolled in the plan should have his or her own ID cards.

You will need your UnitedHealthcare Community Plan ID card and your Kentucky Medicaid card for all visits to the doctor, hospital, and pharmacist. If you haven't received your ID cards within one week of your effective date of enrollment with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, please contact Member Services, at 1-866-293-1796 If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY: 711.

KY Medicaid ID Card
Kentucky Medicaid Card

What if I lose my UnitedHealthcare Community Plan card?

We will be happy to send you a new one. Please contact Member Services toll-free, at 1-866-293-1796. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY: 711. You can also go to register and print a copy of your card.

What if I move?

If you move, you will need to contact one of the following agencies to let them know your new address.

Kentucky Medicaid –Please visit or call 1-855-306-8959

Department for Community Based Services: 502-564-3703

What is Medicaid?

Medicaid is a program funded by the federal and state governments, which pays for medical care for those who can't afford it. Kentucky Medicaid is the managed care program for Adults and Families in Kentucky.

To see if you qualify please visit or call 1-855-306-8959.

What documents will I need when I apply for Kentucky Medicaid?

You can apply for Kentucky Medicaid on any computer with an internet connection at or call 1-855-306-8959 to apply.

When you're ready to apply, you'll need this information:

  • Your household monthly income.
  • The Social Security numbers and dates of birth for each member of your household.
  • Your immigration information, if that applies to you.

It should take about 30 minutes to apply online — and you'll get a response right away. If you need additional assistance, you can call 1-855-306-8959 or go online at to find a list of in-person assisters in your area that can help you apply.

What do I do if I have a complaint?

We are available and eager to hear from our members about any questions, complaints or concerns you may have. If you have a grievance, please call Member Services toll-free, at 1-866-293-1796 If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY: 711.

If Member Services can't resolve your grievance, or if you aren't happy with the response you get, please send your grievance in writing to:

Grievance Coordinator
Attention: Appeals and Grievance
P.O. Box 31364
Salt Lake City, UT 84131-03642

In your letter, please include your name, address, subscriber ID numbers, the reason for your grievance, and any other information you think is important.

For more information, see the Grievance and Appeals Process. View this document in HTML. Available in English and Español.

If you have questions about grievances and appeals, please call us toll-free, at 1-866-293-1796 If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY: 711.

How do I report fraud, waste or abuse?

Fraud and abuse are serious offenses. There can be penalties under law. You can report fraud or abuse by calling Member Services at 1-866-293-1796. You do not have to give or leave your name.

For more information or to report online go here

Learn More

Kentucky Medicaid Plan