Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plans
Offer your Medicare-eligible retirees medical and prescription drug coverage all in one plan with our line of Medicare Advantage plans.
What are the benefits of Medicare Advantage plans?
UnitedHealthcare's Medicare Advantage plans provide the value, flexibility and choice to help meet the needs of your company and your retirees. Recently we have been transitioning thousands of group retirees to our Medicare Advantage National PPO plan which has proven to be a highly effective alternative to the combination of Original Medicare and an employer secondary Medicare Supplement plan. Our Medicare Advantage plans deliver:
- Competitive premiums. Medicare Advantage plans often offer more competitive premiums for the same benefit design as Original Medicare. Save even more—and end your reliance on the RDS program—by adding Medicare Part D benefits to the plan.
- Coverage options. Numerous standard integrated medical and prescription drug plan options, plus custom designs available for larger groups.
- Extra benefits. Optional benefits include Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage and rider options for additional vision, dental and chiropractic coverage.
- Plan availability. Local plans available in 24 states for HMO plans and 2 states for RPPO plans. Our National PPO plan is available in all states and US Territories. With this plan all of your retirees will be able to access the plan, with no additional cost sharing for out-of-network providers.
- Reduced financial risk. Fully insured premiums may allow employers/plan sponsors to manage and predict costs more effectively.
What are HMO and PPO?
Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) and Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) plans are types of network-based plans. Here's how they differ:
- HMO plans provide coverage for plan members through a network of locally contracted doctors and hospitals. These plans generally do not provide coverage outside–of-network coverage, except in emergencies.
- Regional PPO plans let plan members choose between in-network and out-of-network providers. These plans cover all medically-necessary covered benefits, whether they're received in network or not. However, services outside the network will generally cost more.
- Group National PPO plans provide tremendous flexibility to plan members by keeping the member's cost sharing the same whether using in-network or out-of-network providers. These plans are designed to reduce overall plan costs by delivering all benefits through a more cost-effective coordinated care Medicare Advantage plan. The National PPO has been a popular alternative to exchange solutions.
Are you looking for a lower-or even zero cost option?
If you want to offer your retirees a Medicare Advantage plan, but want a low or zero premium with little to no program administration, you may want to consider endorsing one of our individual plans or our Group PPO+ Medicare Advantage Plans.
Where are plans available?
Together, UnitedHealthcare's Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plans are available in more than 24 states. Our Medicare Advantage National PPO plan provides national coverage.
How many plans can I choose from?
With numerous standard combined medical and prescription drug plan designs to choose from, it's likely you will find one that suits your organization's needs. If not, we can create custom plans for larger-groups.
How do these plans benefit retirees?
The UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans may offer retirees more value and service than Original Medicare. For example, retirees receive:
- Broad network access. A broad Medicare Advantage network and worldwide emergency coverage.
- Convenience. The convenience of a single plan for their coverage with one ID
- More benefits than Original Medicare Part A and
- Additional coverage for routine vision, hearing, dental and chiropractic care
- hi HealthInnovationsTM Hearing Aid Program. Offers discounts on hearing aids.
- Immunizations and preventative services. 100% covered at no additional cost.
- National pharmacy network. Over 65,000 retail locations.
Additional programs & services
Most UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans also offer valuable features and benefits, such as fitness, wellness, caregiver support programs, at no additional cost. Limits to annual out-of-pocket expenses.
Get a personalized quote
Call us at 1-800-496-5881 about UnitedHealthcare plans and to ask for a quote.
Discover how Retiree Solutions can help your organization
Call us at:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CST)
Monday through Friday