Group Coverage Choice
You can use any doctor, clinic, hospital or health care facility in the national network, which saves you money. But you won’t have any coverage if you go out of the network.
The Choice Plan highlights
Use our national network to save money.
Save money by staying in our network.
A network is a group of health care providers and facilities that have a contract with UnitedHealthcare. You can receive care and services from anyone in our network. If you don’t use the network, you’ll have to pay for all of the costs.
There's no need to select a primary care physician (PCP) or get referrals to see a specialist.
Consider choosing a PCP. Your PCP can be your partner in managing your care.
Preventive care is covered 100 percent in our network.
The network can help lower your costs.
The doctors and facilities in our network have agreed to provide you services at a discount. We have:
- 895,000+ physicians and health care professionals
- 5,600+ hospitals
How paying for network care works
- You pay a copayment for doctor visits and prescriptions. You will pay a lower copay when you use Tier 1 providers.
- You pay a deductible before your plan will pay for covered services.
- Your pay coinsurance, where you share a percentage of the cost with your plan. You may pay a lower percentage when you use Tier 1 providers.
- You reach an out-of-pocket limit. You'll never pay more than your out-of-pocket limit during the plan year. The out-of-pocket limit includes all of your network payments.
You may be required to receive approval for some services before they can be covered.
Summary of covered services
This plan covers the following health care services and more, including:
- Doctor office visits
- Emergency services
- Hospital care
- Lab services
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Outpatient care services
- Pregnancy and newborn care
- Prescription drugs
- Preventive care services
- Rehabilitation services and devices
- Wellness services
This may not be a complete list of the services covered under this plan. See your health plan documents for coverage details.
To see if this plan is available in your state, use our Group Plans Search tool.