UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus
With this plan, you can use any doctor, clinic, hospital or health care facility you want. You save money when you use the national network. You also have coverage if you use out-of-network providers.
The Choice Plus Plan highlights
Get a plan with access to a national network and the choice of out-of-network coverage.
- Save money by staying in our network. A network is a group of health care providers and facilities that have a contract with UnitedHealthcare. You can receive care and services from anyone in our network.
- There’s coverage if you need to go out of the network. You can receive care and services from anyone in or out of our network. Out-of-network means that a provider does not have a contract with us. It’s important to remember, out-of-network providers will likely charge you more than network providers.
- There's no need to select a primary care physician (PCP) or get referrals to see a specialist. Consider choosing a PCP. Your PCP can be your partner in managing your care. They can help you avoid duplicating tests and services and connect you to a specialist.
- Preventive care is covered 100 percent in our network.
Look for care in our network first.
The doctors and facilities in our network have agreed to provide you services at a discount. We have:
- 895,000+ physicians and health care professionals
- 5,600+ hospitals
How paying for network care works
- You pay a copayment for doctor visits and prescriptions.
- You pay a deductible before your plan will pay for covered services.
- You pay coinsurance, where you share a percentage of the cost with your plan.
- You are protected with an out-of-pocket limit. You'll never pay more than your out-of-pocket limit during the plan year. The out-of-pocket limit includes all of your network payments.
You may be required to receive approval for some services before they can be covered.
Summary of covered services
This plan covers the following health care services and more, including:
- Doctor office visits
- Emergency services
- Hospital care
- Lab services
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Outpatient care services
- Pregnancy and newborn care
- Prescription drugs
- Preventive care services
- Rehabilitation services and devices
- Wellness services
This may not be a complete list of the services covered under this plan. See your health plan documents for coverage details.
To see if this plan is available in your state, use our Group Plans Search tool.