Group Coverage Options PPO
UnitedHealthcare Options - a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
The Options PPO plan is a traditional health plan with copayments, coinsurance and deductibles. Members have access to a broad network of physicians and hospitals nationwide. The plan design offers two levels of coverage – a higher level of benefits apply for network services, and a lower level of benefits is available for non-network services with higher deductibles. The plan includes a full spectrum of covered services and direct access to specialists without the need to gain approval from a primary care doctor.
Members have the freedom to see any health care professional or visit any facility in our nationwide network, including specialists, without a referral and without choosing a primary physician. Members can choose services outside of our network, which are normally at a higher coinsurance, and/or deductible level.
- Access to UnitedHealthcare Care CoordinationSM services
- Access to UnitedHealthcare’s Web site myuhc.com®
- The freedom to choose any doctor for health care needs. No referrals needed.
- Cost savings by using a network physician
- Notification required for a number of network and non-network services (e.g., hospital stays).
- It is the member’s responsibility to obtain approvals for both network and non-Network services.
- No referral to see a specialist
- If a non-network physician is chosen, out-of-pocket costs may be higher and it is the member’s responsibility to obtain approvals and submit claims.
To see if this plan is available in your state, use our Group Plans Search tool.