UnitedHealthcare Level Funded and All Savers Alternate Funding
Managing health plan costs is important, but so is offering health benefits your employees actually like. UnitedHealthcare is committed to helping make health care simpler, more affordable and supportive. With understandable benefits, clearer choices and trusted support accessible when and how people want it. UnitedHealthcare Level Funded and All Savers® Alternate Funding health plans are designed to give you a different way to balance the cost savings you’re looking for with benefits employees want.
Finding the right fit with a different kind of health plan
Designed for savings, stability and simplicity
Find the right fit for your business
Customize your benefits package from dozens of plan designs, networks and specialty options.
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) plan portfolios
- Variety of network options, including the nation's largest proprietary network of 1.6M physicians and health care professionals and 6,200+ hospitals2
- Wellness programs and services designed to help plan participants get healthier at no additional cost
- Up-to-date reporting on your group’s claims costs, network utilization and more, as well as digital tools to help simplify plan management
- Opportunity to save when you bundle a UnitedHealthcare specialty plan, like vision and dental with your UnitedHealthcare medical plan
Frequently asked questions
They're similar, but they differ from a purely self-funded arrangement in important ways. Level Funded/All Savers plans provide additional protection from large catastrophic medical claims with a stop loss insurance policy. So you won’t have to pay more for medical and pharmacy claims throughout the year or at the end of your plan year, even if you have high claims costs.
Your costs don’t change month to month. Level Funded/All Savers plans lock in a fixed monthly payment for the plan year, regardless of your actual plan participant medical and pharmacy claims.
Your fixed monthly payment goes toward 3 things:
- Your health plan that pays plan participants’ covered medical expenses. Every month, when you send in your regular payment, part of it is set aside to pay for your plan participants’ covered medical bills. In other words, when your plan participants go to the doctor, their eligible medical claims are paid straight from the money that was set aside. If the money that goes in during the year is more than what comes out, your health plan may get a surplus refund after you renew your plan.1 If your plan participants have low medical and pharmacy claims, that refund could be substantial.
- Administrative services for your plan, including plan participant onboarding, customer service, billing and medical claims processing, all done for you.
- A stop loss insurance policy that protects your business if medical claims are higher than expected.
Every month when you make your payment, part of it goes toward stop loss insurance. This provides coverage for unexpected high medical and pharmacy claims.
Yes. And because they’re designed to help your plan participants get healthier, they may help lower medical claims and provide more savings for everyone.
The 2 biggest reasons: more potential savings and more control. With a fully insured plan, your health care costs are based on a wider pool, including businesses that may have higher overall medical claims. A Level Funded/All Savers plan is based only on your plan participants’ medical claims. So when their medical and pharmacy claims are lower than expected, your health plan may get a surplus refund at year-end.1
And because a Level Funded/All Savers plan is a type of self-funding, your business may be exempt from many Affordable Care Act (ACA) regulations and state premium taxes that can be costly for some businesses.
With a variety of plan designs and provider networks available, a Level Funded/All Savers plan can be truly customized to fit your business. It’s worth your time to compare these health plans with a traditional (fully insured) plan to see which may be the better fit.
Get a quote and receive more information from a UnitedHealthcare representative
Compare your current coverage with a plan from UnitedHealthcare and see which is the better fit for your business.
Do you have fewer than 50 employees?
Compare health plans available in your area for your small business and ask for a quote.