UnitedHealthcare Options PPO plans
With UnitedHealthcare Options PPO health plans, you can use any doctor, clinic, hospital or health care facility in the national network. Staying in the network — a group of health care providers and facilities that have a contract with UnitedHealthcare — saves you money. You can receive care and services from anyone in our network. With this plan, if you don’t use the network, your costs will be higher and it is your responsibility to submit claims. It's also your responsibility to obtain approvals for both network and non-network services. With Options PPO, there's no need to select a primary care provider (PCP) or get referrals to see a specialist.
Already an Options PPO plan member?
Looking for open enrollment information? Learn about choosing UnitedHealthcare plans through work.
UnitedHealthcare Options PPO plan overview
Options PPO plans provide well-rounded coverage for many services including:
- Preventive care (100% at network facility)
- Physician and specialist office visits
- Lab, X-ray and diagnostic services
- Urgent care, emergency services
- Outpatient care services
- Pregnancy and newborn care
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility services and devices
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Wellness services