Understanding health plans
Help employees understand their costs and coverage
Here you'll find materials and resources designed to help your employees better understand how to use their plan. Select a category below to find resources for each topic and then simply save or link to the resources you'd like to share.
myuhc.com gives your employees personalized health plan access
When it comes to managing health plans, simpler is better. With myuhc.com your employees can get personalized, real-time access to all of their health plan benefits and can use the website to:
- Find a doctor
- Get estimates for treatments and procedures
- Check plan coverage details
- Access health and wellness tools
- View claims and account balances
- View or print health plan ID cards
Give employees on-the-go access
The UnitedHealthcare app gives your employees access to their health plan whenever they need it. The UnitedHealthcare app is available for download iPhone® or Android™. Employees can use the app to:
- Find nearby network care options
- Video chat with a doctor 24/7
- See claim details and view progress toward deductible
- View and share health plan ID cards
- Log on easily with Touch ID®
Your consumer-driven health plan toolkit
We’ve created a consumer-driven health plan (CDHP) toolkit designed to help employees actively engage in their health plan. The materials are organized by health savings account (HSA), health reimbursement account (HRA) and flexible spending account (FSA). Simply select the pieces that best fit your employees’ needs to help them maximize their benefits.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Use these resources with any HSA plan.
Introduce the new plan to your employees 6 weeks to 3 months prior to Open Enrollment.
- HSA: 2022 Choice Plus Plan with HSA – overview flier, English (pdf)
- HSA: 2023 Choice Plus Plan with HSA – overview flier, English (pdf)
- HSA: Comparing HSA and a Traditional Plan flier, English (pdf)
- HSA: Basics interactive quiz PowerPoint* (pptx)
- HSA: 2022 Guidelines flier (pdf)
- HSA: 2022 FAQ (pdf)
- HSA: 2023 FAQ (pdf)
- HSA: 2023 Guidelines flier (pdf)
- HSA: Qualified expense list flier, English (pdf)
- HSA: How to get started with an HSA flier, English (pdf)
- HSA: Paying for a provider visit flier, English (pdf)
- HSA: Paying for Medicare costs flier, English (pdf)
- HSA: Choice Plus Plan – How it Works
- HSA: Choice Plus Plan – How Covered Services are Paid
- HSA: Video and Quiz Flier (pdf)
- HSA: Video and Quiz
- HSA: HDHP with HSA (pdf)
Optum Bank® – Health Savings Account
Use these resources for HSA plans supported by Optum Bank.
Note: All resources are in English.
- Optum Bank: Mobile app flier (pdf)
- Optum Bank: Introduction to HSA flier (pdf)
- Optum Bank: Why choose a high-deductible health plan with an HSA flier (pdf)
- Optum Bank: HSA FAQs flier (pdf)
- Optum Bank: HSAs – Part of your financial plan flier (pdf)
- Optum Bank: HSA and your taxes flier (pdf)
- Optum Bank: Investing with your HSA flier (pdf)
- Optum Bank: Planning for retirement flier (pdf)
- Optum Bank: HSA user guide flier (pdf)
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
UnitedHealthcare's pharmacy management program offers your employees choice, access and value. With tools like the online pharmacy through myuhc.com, as well as convenient home delivery, your employees will appreciate the wealth of pharmacy information available right at their fingertips.
Note: Only use the resources below if OptumRx® pharmacy benefits are part of your UnitedHealthcare contract.
Other online resources
Employer eServices® is a suite of online tools and resources to help simplify your job – providing secure access to eligibility updates, invoice processing and more.
Eligibility Verification for existing employers allows you to make sure you meet participation and eligibility requirements.
Questions? We're here to help.
- If you are an employer: Call your consultant, broker or UnitedHealthcare sales representative.
- If you are a broker or consultant: Call your UnitedHealthcare sales representative.