How to sell
Enrolling a new group
To enroll a new group into an OBM plan, the following guidelines must be met:
- Effective dates of coverage can only be the first of each month.
- Renewal dates will always be the first of the month.
- Groups enrolling in Contributory plans must have at least 75% of the active eligible employees enrolled, excluding those waived with spousal coverage.
- Groups enrolling in the voluntary plan must have at least 2 people enrolling to be eligible for coverage.
- The employer must contribute at least 50% towards the employee's premium for Contributory plans and no more than 49% for the Voluntary plan.
- Groups whose prior plan did not include comparable dental coverage are subject to waiting periods.
View a comprehensive listing of the underwriting guidelines.
You have two options on how to enroll your new OBM group:
- After generating your quote, click on the online application button next to the selected plan's name.
- Confirm your plan selection.
- Fill out the online application form.*
- This form will populate your applications.
- Click "Create Online Application Packet."
- This will open a pdf with a submission checklist, all of the paperwork you need, and directions on where/how to send in your paperwork.
*Note: Not all fields on the online form are required, so make sure you review, complete and sign the applications that print out with the packet.
The following information must be submitted:
- A Completed OBM Group Enrollment Checklist (GEC) [hyperlink to form].
- Completed member enrollment forms for each active, enrolling employee OR a completed enrollment spreadsheet.
- A binder check equal to one month's premium made payable to Oxford Benefit Management
- A rate sheet based on final enrollment census information and current effective date.
- A Wage and Tax Statement
- A recent copy of the group's current dental insurance carrier's Summary of Benefits, as well as the prior carrier's bill (only needed if the group had prior dental coverage through another carrier).
Submit all information by mail or email to:
Oxford Benefit Management
12 Christopher Way, Suite 104
Eatontown, NJ 07724
Online Member Maintenance
Use this tool to make simple member changes such as additions, terminations, and changes.
Please call 1-888-200-1154 for personalized service.