How to sell
Enrolling a new group
To enroll a new group into an OBM plan, the following guidelines must be met:
- Effective dates of coverage can only be the first of each month.
- Renewal dates will always be the first of the month.
- Groups enrolling in Contributory plans must have at least 75% of the active eligible employees enrolled.
- Groups enrolling in the voluntary plan must have at least 2 people enrolling to be eligible for coverage.
- The employer must contribute at least 50% towards the employee's premium for Contributory plans and no more than 49% for the Voluntary plan.
- Groups whose prior plan did not include comparable dental coverage are subject to waiting periods.
View a comprehensive listing of the underwriting guidelines.
You have two options on how to enroll your new OBM group:
- After generating your quote, click on the online application button next to the selected plan's name.
- Confirm your plan selection.
- Fill out the online application form.*
- This form will populate your applications.
- Click "Create Online Application Packet."
- This will open a pdf with a submission checklist, all of the paperwork you need, and directions on where/how to send in your paperwork.
*Note: Not all fields on the online form are required, so make sure you review, complete and sign the applications that print out with the packet.
Online member maintenance
Use this tool to make simple member changes such as additions, terminations, and changes.
Please call for personalized service.