We’re here to help with your COVID-19 concerns
We know there are a lot of questions about COVID-19. As the situation changes, we want you to know we’re here to help. We're here to help you find the care you need. And we're here to help you connect to the resources and support you need. Together, we can help you protect your health and the health of your loved ones.
We are waiving member cost-sharing for the treatment of COVID-19 until May 31, 2020 for Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, Individual and Group Market fully insured health plans. Understand care and coverage for COVID-19 testing, visits and treatment.
If you have questions about your benefits, call the number on your member ID card or sign in in to your health plan account.
Latest updates on COVID-19
- UnitedHealth Group accelerates nearly $2 billion in payments and support to health care providers to help with COVID-19 financial challenges
- Watch our video series, "How to talk with your children about COVID-19" for advice from Dr. Deneen Vojta, Chief Medical Officer at UnitedHealth Group, pediatrician and mom.
- UnitedHealthcare turns cafeterias into meal-prep bases with staff shifting their efforts to prepare healthy meals for those in need in the Twin Cities, Greensboro and Las Vegas
- We’re giving $50 million to assist those most directly impacted, including health care workers, seniors and people experiencing food insecurity and homelessness.
Help with COVID-19 coverage
We're here to help you find COVID-19 coverage information and ways to access resources.
- What’s covered for COVID-19
- What to do if you need a test
- How we’re supporting high-risk members
- Help to understand additional resources
Talk to a doctor from home
You may be able to set up a telehealth visit to talk to a provider from your home.
- 24/7 urgent care support
- Routine and urgent medical care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Outpatient behavioral health care
Taking care of your emotional health
In a stressful time, it can be hard to cope. Talking to someone may help you feel better. Here are some ways to connect and take care of yourself.
- Our free 24/7 emotional support line is here for you to call at 866-342-6892. This Optum Help Line is staffed by professionally trained mental health experts. It is free of charge and open to anyone.
- A free on-demand emotional support mobile app called Sanvello, is available to help you cope with stress, anxiety and depression during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Find resources for:
How to talk to your children about COVID-19
It can be hard to know what to tell your children about the current situation with COVID-19. In these videos, Dr. Deneen Vojta, Chief Medical Officer at UnitedHealth Group, pediatrician and mom, offers guidance on what to say and how to support your kids during this time.
Talking to children about COVID-19: Validating feelings
Talking to children about COVID-19: Managing anxiety and social media
Talking to children about COVID-19: Being calm and truthful
Talking to children about COVID-19: Encouraging reading and activity
Talking to children about COVID-19: Helping adult children cope
Want to learn more about COVID-19?
Here are quick links to more information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). You can also watch the video below to learn more about the virus.
What is COVID-19
We’re committed to keeping you up to date on COVID-19. We’re taking note of your questions and working hard to provide answers. Let us know how we’re doing.
We’re making daily updates to the site. Please check back often for the latest information.
This page describes benefits we offer to all members in all states. They also include federal requirements. More benefits may be available in some states and under some plans.
We have created rules and practices that may apply to some of our products at this time. The information is a summary and is subject to change. For more information, contact your account representative or call the number on your member ID card.
Brands are the property of their respective owners.