Pennsylvania health insurance options
You have more insurance options for your health than you think, Pennsylvania
If you’re self-employed or without insurance from your employer – in other words, you’re looking for individual or family health insurance in Pennsylvania – you might be looking for Affordable Care Act insurance, what's often called Obamacare. However, we want to make you aware of the whole range of individual and family insurance products we have available in your state.
Short term health insurance in Pennsylvania
A temporary medical insurance plan like short term health insurance1 underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company may provide:
- Budget-friendly monthly payments
- Health care coverage while you search for a long term option
Hospital & doctor insurance
Health ProtectorGuard fixed indemnity insurance,2 underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, can supplement your major medical plan by paying cash for eligible, covered medical services, like a doctor visit, a trip to urgent care or a surgical procedure.
- No deductibles or copays to pay first
- Benefits paid regardless of other insurance
- Money to pay costs not covered by major medical plans, like a deductible
Pennsylvania dental and vision plans
Dental and vision insurance plans, underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, have no age limit restrictions.3 They offer coverage for the dental and vision services many medical insurance plans don’t include.
From Philadelphia to Pittsburgh, Allentown to Erie, explore these Pennsylvania health insurance options and more that may be available now.
Health insurance for individuals who are 65 or older, or those under 65 who may qualify because of a disability or another special situation.
Call 1-844-232-1426 to learn more.
We offer low cost or no cost health insurance plans for those with limited incomes.
Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Short term health insurance is medically underwritten and does not cover preexisting conditions. It is not minimum essential coverage as defined by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and may not cover all Essential Health Benefits in your state. Lack of major medical coverage (or other minimum essential coverage) may result in an additional payment with your taxes.
- THIS PLAN PROVIDES LIMITED BENEFITS. This is a supplement to health insurance and is not a substitute for the minimum essential coverage defined by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Primary insured must be 18 years of age or older.
Product design and availability varies by state. Some benefits have waiting periods.
No individual applying for health coverage through the individual Marketplace will be discouraged from applying for benefits, turned down for coverage, or charged more premium because of health status, medical condition, mental illness claims experience, medical history, genetic information or health disability. In addition, no individual will be denied coverage based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation or source of income.
References to UnitedHealthcare pertain to each individual company or other UnitedHealthcare affiliated companies.
Each company is a separate entity and is not responsible for another's financial or contractual obligations.
Administrative services are provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc. or their affiliates.
Products and services offered are underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, Health Plan of Nevada, Inc., Oxford Health Insurance, Inc., UnitedHealthcare Life Insurance Company, UnitedHealthcare of the Mid-Atlantic, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of New York, Inc.
This policy is subject to various exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of the coverage, call (or write) your insurance agent or the company (whichever is applicable).