Behavioral health benefits
As the demand for behavioral health and substance use support increases in the United States, 68% of employers have reported they will spend more time communicating to employees about behavioral health care benefits in the next two years.1 To help meet that demand, UnitedHealthcare advocates, clinicians and thousands of preferred providers nationwide are available to help guide employees every step of the way on their behavioral health journey with understanding, compassion and support.
With Behavioral Health Solutions from UnitedHealthcare, your employees have access to a continuum of solutions — from self-help mobile apps and virtual services to quality clinical inpatient and outpatient care.
Behavioral health: Delivering across a continuum of care
A guided behavioral health care experience
More ways to connect employees to confidential support
- Talk confidentially by phone, desktop or mobile device3 with a psychiatrist or therapist without leaving home
- Get evaluated for conditions like depression or anxiety
- Get a prescription, if needed4
- Find support for self-improvement, life and well-being coaching and more
- Get a referral 24/7 for emotional and mental health support from 180K+ network clinicians nationwide5
- Employers can also consult with specialists for help with workplace issues related to substance disorders, inappropriate workplace behavior and more
- Employers with EAP saw a 41% decrease in behavioral health-related days absent from work6
- Virtual 8-week therapy and emotional support program
- Connect with a coach for 1-on-1 support
- Virtual support for depression, anxiety and stress that accompany health issues such as cardiac conditions, diabetes, chronic pain and cancer
- Access on-demand self-help for stress, anxiety and depression
- Learn new ways to relax, be present, stay focused
- Track progress, set goals
- Connect with community support
"Mental health conditions are not benign illnesses — they really impact your workforce. The sooner you can intervene, you may be able to stop the progression of these diseases."
5 ways to help your employees find behavioral health support
As some employees struggle for access to care, here’s what you can do to help guide and support them.
Get a quote and receive more information from a UnitedHealthcare representative
Compare your current coverage with a plan from UnitedHealthcare and see which is the better fit for your business.
Do you have fewer than 50 employees?
Compare health plans available in your area for your small business and ask for a quote.