Care management and clinical programs
Almost half of all U.S. adults have at least one chronic condition, which may make it harder for them to get healthier.1 Our care management and clinical programs are designed to step in and help these employees and their covered family members with a combination of timely outreach, clinical support and personal guidance.
Delivering extra support for those who need it most
Programs built to help ease complex health journeys
Using data from medical claims, health assessments, network usage and more, Standard Care Coordination identifies and addresses 50+ conditions among your employees for potential gaps in care. For those identified as at risk, resources include:
- A nurse team to answer questions and offer guidance
- Admission counselors to help with hospital length-of-stay and discharge planning
- Access to condition-specific programs and more
Personal Health Support screens up to 100% of your employees for 100+ acute and chronic conditions. Personalized support for at-risk employees includes:
- Earlier identification of opportunities for better health
- Access to digital tools that include messaging, education, care plans and goal tracking
- Guidance from an enhanced clinical team and enrollment in condition-specific clinical programs
Lowering medical costs
$5.05 – $11.05 per member per month savings for mid-size employers with best-in-class configuration3
$5.55 – $14.05 per member per month savings for large employers with best-in-class configuration4
People with complex health needs pay 7 times more out-of-pocket than the average patient, to say nothing of the emotional challenges they may face.4 With UnitedHealthcare, these patients — who often have 5 times more claims and see 3 times as many specialists5 than the rest of your employees — can access extra support through the Complex Care Concierge. Complex Care Concierge matches members with a dedicated Care Advisor, who:
- Acts as a single point of contact connected to all aspects of the health care system
- Helps manage claims, find specialty providers, streamline preauthorization and much more
- Is supported by a specialized team with clinical, pharmacy, behavioral and social/emotional expertise
Simplifying complex journeys
23% reduction in appeals6
16% reduction in inpatient visits6
Using personalized care plans and support, our clinical programs are designed to help employees navigate complex or chronic conditions like asthma, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease and more.
Supporting healthier outcomes
Over 24% reduction in inpatient admissions for kidney conditions7
3.1 program ROI8
96% employee satisfaction with oncology nurse resources9
Get a quote and receive more information from a UnitedHealthcare representative
Compare your current coverage with a plan from UnitedHealthcare and see which is the better fit for your business.
Do you have fewer than 50 employees?
Compare health plans available in your area for your small business and ask for a quote.