Life in motion
There’s a big focus on wellness today. And there’s a good reason. It’s because strong wellness programs may help people live healthier, more active lives with fewer health problems. That’s positive for everyone.
Using activity devices, UnitedHealthcare Motion helps participants track activity, set goals and earn financial incentives when they reach daily walking targets.
Here’s how it works:
- Employees receive a welcome email from you and/or UnitedHealthcare.
- Eligible employees and covered spouses create an account on unitedhealthcaremotion.com and select1 an activity tracker from the website, or use their own Motion-compatible activity tracker. A "registration credit" can be applied to purchased devices or taken as a reward if they use their own device.2
- Purchased devices are delivered to the employee’s home.
- Participants set up their device, begin walking or completing other eligible activities to meet daily FIT (Frequency, Intensity, Tenacity) and participation goals, and sync their device daily.
- Every day, participants may earn a $3-$4 incentive, deposited quarterly into their HRA, HSA or prepaid debit card, as applicable.3
Employees start by registering and syncing their device – and then get moving! Every day participants may seek to achieve the three FIT and participation goals.
- Frequency: 300 steps in 5 minutes; six times a day, at least one hour apart
- Intensity: 3,000 steps in 30 minutes or 30 minutes performing other eligible activities
- Tenacity: 10,000 steps in one day
- Participation: 2,500+ steps per day with no FIT rewards
When goals are reached, incentives add up!
Participating in Motion may help improve well-being by:
- Aiding weight loss.
- Improving cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Decreasing symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Increasing energy and productivity.
Healthier employees may also mean lower absenteeism and higher productivity, along with improved employee morale.
of participants sustain engagement over 6 months.5
of those eligible to participate in Motion registered for the program.6
UnitedHealthcare Motion is designed for people enrolled in high-deductible health plans, such as HRAs and HSAs. UnitedHealthcare Motion is available nationally for mid-sized and large employers and has limited availability for small businesses. Talk to your broker or UnitedHealthcare account representative for more information.
- Registered members can shop and pay for the device at point of sale. A Walk-It-Off payment option is available for Apple® devices.
- Applicable registration credit(s) available only in the first year.
- Receiving a reward card may have tax implications. You should consult an appropriate tax professional to determine whether you have any tax obligations from receiving this card under the program.
- Rewards earned from eligible members in the Walk-It-Off payment option will be applied monthly to outstanding device balance.
- 2018 internal analysis of 20,330 Motion participants in Key Accounts who recorded steps between 10/1/15 and 6/1/18.
- 2018 internal analysis of 37,082 Motion participants who recorded at least one step in 2018.